Dear Prospective Participants,
Welcome to Magnolia Project's fall 2009 recruitment! As you have probably learned from your friends, info sessions and this site, the Magnolia Project is a student initiated service group dedicated to the rebuilding of the Gulf Coast.
Currently in our 4th year, the Magnolia Project has sent over 200 students to the Gulf Coast to participate in thousands of hours of direct service. As someone who has attended all three of MP's previous trips, I can personally tell you that the experience it offers is unique and often life-changing. Take this opportunity to go see for yourself the devastation of Hurricane Katrina, work in solidarity to fix what is still broken and bring back a deeper perspective on how to get involved in your own community.
We have 3 initiatives:
1. A 3-week service trip that will run from May 25-June 15.
2. An 8-week internship program that places students with grassroots, government and education organizations.
3. New For FALL 2010: A semester exchange program with the University of New Orleans where you will both take units at UNO and work with a local grassroots organization. (more information will be available at the end of the semester but if you have interest, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org)
On that note, please take into account that Magnolia Project will be implementing the following changes for its 2010 summer:
- Applications for service trip participants are due December 11th.
- All service trip participants will be required to attend a 2 Unit Decal on Tuesdays 6-8 in the spring
-Internship applications are due December 2nd. (Interns are not required to attend decal).
Click Here (service trip and internship applications are now LIVE, click on the program you are interested in to access application)